Connecting a Stripe account to accept card payments
Toasthost can accept card payments on helalf of your club. We use Stripe to securely handling card payments on behalf of your members. Before we get started there are a few things you need to know:
- Toasthost is acting as an intermediary, we are taking payments on your behalf
- You connect your club's Stripe to allow this.
- The payment will flow directly into your Stripe account not Toasthost's account.
- Stripe automatically apply card processing fees depending on the type of card - Stripe charges for details.
- Toasthost add a processing fee as well (currently £0.80 ) on top of the basic Stripe charges. This fee funds Toasthost.
- For a £100 payment this equates to a total fee of £2.40 for UK cards: (1.4% + 20p (Stripe fees) = £1.60 + 80p (Toasthost fee))
To configure card payments you need to create a Stripe account for your club, then connect the account to Toasthost. These steps are described in the below two sections:
Creating a Strip Account
To create a Stripe account go to https://stripe.com
accept card payments on behalf of your club. To do this you need a Stripe account.
Register yourself (you need to register yourself, not your club account at this stage). As multiple members may and will administer the Stripe account for your club.
Once signed up create your club account. The member signing up (ideally the President or Treasurer) should put in the various club details. When you get to members, remember you are not shareholders, but as a committee member you do have a role (President or Treasurer) and you are on the guidence committee for your club.
Linking your Stripe account to Toasthost
Now you have configured your Stripe account we can go back to Toasthost. Back on your club homepage you can see the Stripe link status here:
Click on 'Click here' to link your stripe account.
Clicking the button will direct you to Stripe where you can authorise Toasthost to link to your account and accept users payments on your behalf: